The following rules apply to all entries in the High Arts Festival.
- Entrants must be legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age by September 14, 2018 and must possess a valid driver’s license, state ID or passport.
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis dependent on available space.
- There will be a waiting list to accommodate any overflow.
- All artists on the waiting list will be notified of their status by August 3.
- Entries can be made by an individual, or by a group of individuals.
- Each individual may be part of up to three High Arts Festival entries.
- An individual may only be the primary applicant on an entry once per genre.
- An artist many not be an entity, such as a corporation, limited liability company, partnership or other form of entity.
- When registering as a group, one person must serve as the primary contact for the group. That person will submit the non-refundable entry fee, fill out the registration form, and be responsible as the point of contact for the group. Should the group earn the prize, the check for any winnings will be made out to the primary contact who will then distribute the winnings accordingly.
- Entries must have been completed within the last two years. (September 2016-September 2018)
- Each entry must pay a one-time non-refundable entry fee of $25 with their application. Payment accepted by check or credit card.
Send checks to: (made payable to Downtown Akron Partnership) Downtown Akron Partnership
103 S. High Street 4th Floor
Akron, OH 44308
A processing fee will be applied to credit card charges.
- Artists are responsible for all fees associated with their entry, including production costs, special installation costs and shipping.
- The University of Akron will pay the $25 entry fee for the first forty, current UA students that apply. The School of Art at Kent State University will pay the $25 entry fee for the first six students who apply who are current KSU art students or school of art alumni who have graduated within the last two years. If you meet one of these criteria, do not send your entry fee at this time (choose the pay by check option on the applicaiton). We will verify your eligibility and contact you if an entry fee is required.
- High Arts Festival winners will be judged by juried and public vote.
- Votes will be cast by mobile device through the High Arts Festival digital app. Participants must be in downtown Akron to activate the voting function.
- Voting kiosks will be available in participating venues during festival hours.
- The use of robotic or automated devices for voting is prohibited.
- Voting on entries shall end on Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- The High Arts Festival reserves the right to disqualify any votes, or participating artists, if fraudulent behavior is suspected.
- The voting process will determine the winner of the High Arts Festival.
- In the event of a tie, the High Arts Festival Committee shall determine the winner. All decisions are final.
- The winners will be announced on Saturday, October 6, 2018
- In order to receive a prize, winners, or a representative for them, must be present at the finale celebration on Saturday, October 6, 2018.
- High Arts Festival Committee members, Downtown Akron Partnership Board and Trustee members and Downtown Akron Partnership employees, staff or their immediate family members; Margaret Clark Morgan Board and Trustee members, Margaret Clark Morgan Foundation employees, staff or their immediate family members; and Knight Foundation Board and Trustee members, Knight Foundation employees, staff or their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
- Artists who have won and received the grand prize in Akron Art Prize or the High Arts Festival in past years may enter but cannot win the grand prize in consecutive years.
- Each artist consents to the use by Downtown Akron Partnership of information and imagery provided by Artists (and/or documented by Downtown Akron Partnership) for High Arts Festival promotional materials without limitation and without further compensation or consideration to Artist.
- Each artist will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Downtown Akron Partnership, Margaret Clark Morgan Foundation, Knight Foundation, High Arts Festival and its affiliates, agents and employees, from and against any and all liability, claims, suits, actions, losses and expenses, including costs and attorney fees relating to or arising, directly or indirectly, out of any kind of nature which any person or party may make against the High Arts Festival based upon or arising out of the entry, sale of the entry, or any other claim or demand relating to the High Arts Festival, including any claim of infringement.
- The High Arts Festival may disqualify any Entry if it determines, in its sole discretion, that
- an Artist has shown disrespect for these Official Rules
- an Artist acts in a manner that is not fair or equitable
- an Artist acts in any disruptive manner
- or any persons or animals were harmed in the production of such Entry.
- The High Arts Festival is not responsible for inaccurate, fraudulent, incomplete, illegible, tampered with, misdirected, late or stolen entries or transmissions, any losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the High Arts Festival, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.