Persuasive essay writing is one of the common assignments that you will get to do in school. In the course of your learning, you must have come across written texts with content engaging you on opinions concerning certain subjects. It feels like these texts are persuading or compelling you to buy a certain opinion. This is what persuasive writing is all about. Unlike argumentative essays where the author writes about their opinion without necessarily pushing you to take it, persuasive essays have one objective – to make you see the sense in the author’s point of view.
As you develop your persuasive essay, you should make sure to include facts and information from credible sources. It is easier for people to believe you when you take such an approach than just using plain words. Persuasive essay topics come in different ways. To make the most out of this writing opportunity, you should be knowledgeable enough to pick the best opinion that will appeal to your readers.
Sample Persuasive Essay Topics
What type of topics can one use for a persuasive essay? Well, here are some of the top compelling topics to consider for this type of assignment:
- You can learn as you work
- Children learn best through observation
- Spending time with your spouse helps build stronger families
- Having a plan for the future is better than living one day at a time
- Ancient Greece should have been a superpower by now
- The United States deserves to be what it is today
- Politics are the same around the world
- Religion is indeed the opium of masses
- The American Dream still exists
- Leaders are made not born
Help writing a persuasive essay
Writing a persuasive task is an easy task if you understand a few things that you should put into consideration. To get your assignment right, here is what you need to do:
- Understand your audience. Your ability to persuade will depend on whether you know your audience well or not. Look for the best information that suits your audience and revolve around that. If your audience can relate to what you are saying, then it will be a lot easier for you to compel them.
- Prepare an outline. Come up with a list of all the materials that you will be using to win the attention and support of your audience. Look at each of the main items of discussion and use them to develop your arguments. An outline keeps you on track and helps you cover everything that you needed to write about.
- Use facts in your writing. Show proof of everything that you are stating as a fact. That way, your audience will get to believe you more.
Your creativity is everything when it comes to professional persuasive essay writing. Even with the knowledge of what is needed to write this type of essay, you need to have a plan of how you will execute this type of assignment. Follow these tips for help.