Free live music performances can be seen from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday at Jilly’s Music Room, Uncorked Wine Bar or Musica. Visit the event page for a full schedule.
Music prizes will be awarded in the following categories: Grand Prize ($5000), Solo/Duo Runner Up ($1000), Group Runner Up ($1000) and Juried ($1000). The Music Grand Prize winner will also be given the opportunity to perform at Jilly’s Music Room in a cabaret style performance.
Train To Oblivion
Universally how can it be
More Than You Can Handle
Take A Walk With Me
More Than Ink
Cut The Chord
Mixed Signals; Missed Calls
Armageddon (Come and Get It)
When Rubber Was King
Way Things Should Be- LIVE AT THE GAR HALL
You're Breaking My Heart (The Whiskey Song)
Waves Like Drums
If this is Love
Nepali folk song
Important Deadlines Details
Application Opens: Week of May 22, 2017
Application Closes: July 17, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Acceptance Notification: July 17, 2017
(for applications submitted before July 10 at 11:59 p.m.),
July 21, 2017 (for applications submitted after July 10)
Opening Night: September 15, 2017
Closing Night: October 7, 2017
Music Contest Rules
Music Contest Rules Details
A music entry must be an original song performed by the musician or group who created it.
- Musicians can enter as a solo/duo, or a group.
- A solo/duo is defined as one or two musicians.
- A group is a defined as three or more musicians.
- Musicians may NOT enter as both a solo/duo and group.
- An audio recording of the entry must be submitted with application.
- Songs must be submitted as a .mp3 or .mp4 file.
- Recording sessions at Jilly’s Music Room will be available for entries that need a professional recoding. The schedule for recording sessions will be provided to musicians when they are accepted into the High Arts Festival.
- Each solo/duo and group will be allowed one 20 minute, live performance in a one of the High Arts Festival music venues. The 20 minute set must include the High Arts Festival entry.
- Musicians will be provided the performance schedule and can select their performance time when they are accepted into the High Arts Festival.
- The solo/duo or group is solely responsible for ensuring that the entry does not infringe on any third party’s proprietary rights.
- The entry must be currently wholly owned by the solo/duo or by the group.