2018 Music Winners
Public Choice Grand Prize ($3,000 and the opportunity to go on a 2-day trip October 25-26 to a to-be-announced city to learn from their local arts community.): The Angie Haze Project, I Am, You Are, We Are Enough
Juried Grand Prize ($3,000 and the opportunity to go on a 2-day trip October 25-26 to a to-be-announced city to learn from their local arts community.): STEMS, Feet in the Fire
Solo/Duo Runner Up ($1,000): Shelby Olive, Comfortable in Chaos
Group Runner Up ($1,000): STEMS, Feet in the Fire
Upcoming Musical Events
Music Contest Rules
Music Contest Rules Details
A music entry must be an original song performed by the musician or group who created it.
Musicians can enter in one of the following categories:
- Solo/Duo: A solo/duo is defined as one or two musicians.
- Group: A group is a defined as three or more musicians.
- An audio recording of the entry must be submitted with application.
- Songs must be submitted as a .mp3 or .mp4 file.
- Recording sessions at Jilly’s Music Room will be available for entries that need a professional recoding. The schedule for recording sessions will be provided to musicians when they are accepted into the High Arts Festival.
- The solo/duo or group is solely responsible for ensuring that the entry does not infringe on any third party’s proprietary rights.
- The entry must be currently wholly owned by the solo/duo or by the group.
- Each solo/duo and group will be allowed one 20 minute, live performance in a one of the High Arts Festival music venues. The 20 minute set must include the High Arts Festival entry.
- If the song was submitted as a solo/duo entry, it must be performed as a solo/duo act. If the song was submitted as a group entry, it must be performed as a group act.
- The High Arts Festival team will put together the scheudle of performances and send it to the participating artists by August 17. Conflicts with the schedule should be submitted to the Music coordinator.
- The live music performances will take place Friday, October 5 and Saturday, October 6.