Free film screenings will be available at The Nighlight on Saturday’s at 3:30 and 4:15, and Sunday’s at 6:45 and 7:30.
Theater seating is limited. Voters are encouraged to reserve a FREE ticket to any of the available screenings at nightlightcinema.com.
Film prizes will be awarded in the following categories: Grand Prize ($5000), Fiction Runner Up ($1000), Non-Fiction Runner Up ($1000) and Juried ($1000). The Film Grand Prize winner will also receive the honor of showing their film during a showcase party at The Nightlight in October or November.
Kill Your Demons
The Oldest Factory
The High Road
Forever on the Ledge
No Monsters Allowed
I Am My Sister's Keeper
HOW TO (DIE)T
Drift Of No Concern
Important Deadlines Details
Application Opens: Week of May 22, 2017
Application Closes: July 10, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Acceptance Notification: July 17, 2017
(for applications submitted before July 10 at 11:59 p.m.),
July 21, 2017 (for applications submitted after July 10)
Final Film Due: August 14 at 11:59 p.m
Opening Night: September 15, 2017
Closing Night: October 7, 2017
Film Contest Rules
Film Contest Rules Details
A film entry must be an original film that is 60 seconds in length or less.
- Film entries may not contain copyrighted material.
- The High Arts Festival will utilize YouTube to display the films online and on the digital app. If a film contains copyrighted material, it will be disqualified.
- Film entries must meet the following resolution criteria:
- Preferred resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Minimum resolution: 1280 x 720
- The film file submitted with the application must be the final version of the film.
- Filmmakers must register and submit their $25 application fee by 11:59 p.m. on July 10. Final film files must be uploaded by 11:59 p.m. on August 14.
- The filmmaker(s) is solely responsible for ensuring that the entry does not infringe on any third party’s proprietary rights.
- The entry must be currently wholly owned by the filmmaker(s).