2018 Film Winners
Public Choice & Juried Grand Prize ($3,000 per prize and the opportunity to go on a 2-day trip October 25-26 to a to-be-announced city to learn from their local arts community): Jonathon Chiarle, Final Curtain
Super Short Film Runner Up ($1,000): G.S. Schray, Crying Person Cubicle
Short Film Runner Up ($500): Nanietta Selasie Agbitor and Relentless Productions, It's Me
Short Film Runner Up ($500): Renee Dorian, Technically Connected
Upcoming Film Events
Film Contest Rules
Film Contest Rules Details
A film entry must be an original film that is 10 minutes in length or less
Filmmakers can enter in the following categories:
- Super Short Film: An original film that is 60 seconds or less in length.
- Short Film: An original film that is 61 seconds-10 minutes in length.
Film entries may not contain copyrighted material.
- The High Arts Festival will utilize YouTube to display the films online and on the digital app. If a film contains copyrighted material, it will be disqualified.
Film entries must meet the following resolution criteria:
- Preferred resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Minimum resolution: 1280 x 720
The film file submitted with the application must be the final version of the film.
- Filmmakers must register and submit their $25 application fee by 11:59 p.m. on June 18. Final film files must be uploaded by 11:59 p.m. on August 10.
The filmmaker(s) is solely responsible for ensuring that the entry does not infringe on any third party’s proprietary rights.
The entry must be currently wholly owned by the filmmaker(s).