2018 Visual Art
2018 Visual Arts Winners
Public Choice Grand Prize ($3,000 and the opportunity to go on a 2-day trip October 25-26 to a to-be-announced city to learn from their local arts community.): Sabrina Uranga, Emerge
Juried Grand Prize ($3,000 and the opportunity to go on a 2-day trip October 25-26 to a to-be-announced city to learn from their local arts community.): Micah Kraus, All Falling Together
2D Runner Up ($1,000): Alexandria Couch, Embody
3D Runner Up ($1,000): Tom Baldwin, The Grief of Gaia
Upcoming Visual Arts Events
Visual Arts Contest Rules
Visual Arts Contest Rules Details
A visual art entry must be visual in nature and may not include performing arts.
THREE DIMENSIONAL ENTRIES
- 3-D work may not exceed 39” diameter not including base, case or other display furniture, and must be able to fit through a standard 36" door.
- The base, case, or other display furniture must meet the parameters or specifications set by the venue.
- The artist is responsible for providing their own base, case or display furniture.
TWO DIMENSIONAL ENTRIES
- Final installation of 2-D work may not exceed 6’ (72”) wide or 7’ (84”) high including the frame.
- Entries must include any needed wire and mounting hardware.
ALL VISUAL ART ENTRIES
- No individual entry may exceed 50lbs.
- A photo of the entry must be submitted at the time of application. If the entry is not complete by the time of application, a photo of a partially completed entry, or sketch may be submitted.
- The dimensions (+/- 10%) and category of the entry, submitted at the time of application, must represent the completed entry. If the completed entry does not match what was submitted at the time of application, the High Arts Festival committee reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
- All entries must be completed by their scheduled photography date (artists will select their date once they have been accepted). If an artist has already submitted a professional photograph of their entry, and do not need to attend the photography session, their entry must be complete by the installation date. The installation schedule will be sent to artists with their acceptance information.
- Each Entry must be displayed in Summit Artspace for the entire voting period of the High Arts Festival, from September 14, 2018 to October 6, 2018.
- Artists must drop-off and remove their work from Summit Artspace during set dates and hours determined by Summit Artspace. The dates and times will be shared with participating artists when they are accepted into the festival.
- Each entry must abide by all applicable local building and fire codes and ordinances and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Only original entries are eligible for submission.
- The Artist is solely responsible for ensuring that the entry does not infringe on any third party’s proprietary rights.
- The entry must be currently wholly owned by the Artist or by the collaborative group of Artists.
- The Artist is wholly responsible for transportation of the entry to, and removal of the entry from, the assigned venue.